Log Format Roadmap
Sam Ruby started the Log Format Roadmap:
This wiki is a vendor-neutral space for agreeing on a new log format that is:
- 100% vendor neutral,
- implementable by everybody, anywhere, for any reason
- freely extensible by anybody, anywhere, for any reason
- cleanly and thoroughly specified.
Here’s the project roadmap:
- Decide on the conceptual model of a log entry. (You are here.)
- Decide on a syntax for this model. SyntaxConsiderations
- Build a syndication format using this syntax.
- Build an archiving format using this syntax.
- Build a weblog editing protocol using this syntax.
Let’s put aside our differences and work together to achieve these goals. If you support this roadmap, please link to it from your weblog, with a few words as to why you support it.
Why does Kaywa support it
Because we believe in vendor-neutral “open” standards and interop.